Book ReviewEmpire of Ivory
Damn, but that is a good book. A different style than most of the other ones, with a lot more investment in characters than in actions, but very good nonetheless. Highly recommended.
Finished it in one sitting, and already want more, but that would be out in 2008 :-(
More posts in "Book Review" series:
- (05 Nov 2009) The Wheel of Time – The Gathering Storm
- (11 Aug 2009) Yellow Eyes
- (24 Jul 2009) Watch on the Rhine
- (23 Jul 2009) By Heresies Distressed
- (23 Jul 2008) By Schism Rent Asunder
- (04 Oct 2007) Making Money
- (30 Sep 2007) Empire of Ivory
- (08 Sep 2007) Empire Of Man
- (01 Sep 2007) March Upcountry
- (21 Feb 2007) Programming WCF Services
- (09 Feb 2007) Windows Developer Power Tools
- (25 Sep 2006) Old Man's War
- (03 Sep 2006) His Majesty's Dragon / Throne of Jade / Black Powder War
- (30 Aug 2006) Applying Domain-Driven Design and Patterns
- (18 Aug 2006) Dzur
- (15 Aug 2006) When Darkness Falls
- (22 Apr 2006) Data Binding with Windows Forms 2.0
- (17 Oct 2005) Knife Of Dreams
- (28 Aug 2005) Working Effectively With Legacy Code
- (25 Jul 2005) Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- (14 Jul 2005) Sword of Ice
- (14 Jul 2005) Vows & Honor Trilogy
- (14 Jul 2005) The Mage Storms Trilogy
- (14 Jul 2005) Winds of Change
- (10 Jul 2005) Winds of Change
- (09 Jul 2005) Winds Of Fate
- (08 Jul 2005) Burning Water
- (08 Jul 2005) By The Sword
- (06 Jun 2005) Developer To Designer
- (05 Jun 2005) The Last Herald Mage
- (01 Jun 2005) Arrow's Fall
- (01 Jun 2005) Arrow's Flight
- (27 Apr 2005) Domain Driven Desing
- (01 Apr 2005) Exile's Valor
- (18 Jan 2005) Alta
- (16 Jan 2005) Coding Slave
- (13 Jan 2005) Hibernate In Action
- (25 Oct 2004) In Search of Stupidity
Does it make sense to read book 4 without reading the first three?
You are not human. :)
How many pages is that? You only read for 7 hours and you're done?
About 400 or so, and yes that was about the right amount of time.
I do much better in Hebrew, though.
I dunno--I think this book isn't as good as the last three--it could have been edited better. The first three books have great dialog and and an engaging plot--in this book, the british dialog is forced, there are paragraphs that only describe landscapes, and I'm sorry, the whole mushroom thing just doesn't make for a classic heroic tale.
No, but I think that it is a great setup for what comes next.