Well, so far we have looked at the main screen and the Counting screen, it is time we introduce ourselves to the Inmate screen as well:
As you can see, there isn’t a lot going on here. We have the Inmate’s Id, name and location (including noting where he is located, if he is known to be outside the prison). We don’t usually care for things like detailed information in the normal course of things (the Inamte’s national id, for example). That information is important, but usually not relevant, we relegate it to a separate screen.
The dates for incarceration and scheduled release are also important, but they aren’t available for editing, they are there only for information purposes.
The note is there to make sure that highly important information (such as whatever the Inmate is suicidal / flight risk) would be clearly available. The same is true for the Cliff Notes version of the Record.
It is there not for casual use, but to ensure that pertinent information is available. Most importantly, note the last line there. Which means that if this Inmate is about to be released, we have to notify someone and get their approval for that. Well, approval is a strong word, we notify them that they need to give us a new Warrant for the Inmate, but we can delay releasing him (say, until midnight the day he is to be released) waiting for that Warrant.
Warrants are important, and you can see the ones that this guy have listed here. The last Warrant is the important one, the others are shown for completion sake and to ensure that we have continuous Warrants.
There are also several actions that we can do to an Inmate. We can Transfer him to another prison, Release him or Add a Warrant. Each of those is a complex process of its own, and I’ll discuss them later on.
More posts in "Macto" series:
- (17 Aug 2011) Looking at warrants
- (15 Aug 2011) Talking to nasty people
- (11 Aug 2011) Counting is The Holy Grail
- (10 Aug 2011) Getting Started, you never forget your first Inmate
- (08 Aug 2011) The Main Screen
- (03 Aug 2011) Warrants are for fools
- (01 Aug 2011) Non functional concerns, you are a legal system
- (28 Jul 2011) And it goes on your permanent record, too!
- (27 Jul 2011) Once more from the top, I swear I had a few more over there
- (26 Jul 2011) Day to day life
- (22 Jul 2011) Where is the Inmate anyway?
- (19 Jul 2011) Let’s CREATE an Inmate
- (12 Jul 2011) Creating The Model
- (05 Jul 2011) The boundaries of a prison
- (25 Jul 2009) An end to end sample