NH ProfThe beta mistake
One of the things that I should have done from the get go of the beta program was to force people to upgrade when their version is too old.
Why would I want to do that? Because people that continue to use old versions, and old versions has old bugs.
Take a look at this error report:
This version is almost a hundred builds old, and the error reported was fixed long ago. I also get errors from people using older versions than that.
When I built the error reporting feature, I was concerned about the user privacy, so I don’t have any information about the user that can be used to identify him. I am reduce to this public plea: Just upgrade NH Prof already!
More posts in "NH Prof" series:
- (09 Dec 2010) Alert on bad ‘like’ query
- (10 Dec 2009) Filter static files
- (16 Nov 2009) Exporting Reports
- (08 Oct 2009) NHibernate Search Integration
- (19 Aug 2009) Multiple Session Factory Support
- (07 Aug 2009) Diffing Sessions
- (06 Aug 2009) Capturing DDL
- (05 Aug 2009) Detect Cross Thread Session Usage
- (22 May 2009) Detecting 2nd cache collection loads
- (15 May 2009) Error Detection
- (12 May 2009) Queries by Url
- (04 Feb 2009) View Query Results
- (18 Jan 2009) Superfluous <many-to-one> update
- (18 Jan 2009) URL tracking
- (10 Jan 2009) Detecting distributed transactions (System.Transactions)
- (06 Jan 2009) The Query Cache
- (05 Jan 2009) Query Duration
- (24 Dec 2008) Unbounded result sets
- (24 Dec 2008) Row Counts