The Inside RavenDB 4.0 book is done. That means that all of the content is there and it covers every aspect of RavenDB.
There is still quite a bit to be done (editing and re-reads, mostly), but the the hardest part (for me) is done. I got it all out of my head and into a format where others can look at this.
You can read the draft release here.
The book cover:
- Welcome to RavenDB
- Setting up RavenDB
- Document modeling
- Client API usage
- Batch processing with subscriptions
- Distributed RavenDB Clusters
- Scaling RavenDB
- Sharing data and ETL processes
- Indexing in RavenDB
- Map Reduce and aggregations
- Managing and understanding indexes
- Securing your RavenDB cluster
- Encrypting your data
- Production deployments
- Monitoring and troubleshooting
- Backup and restore
- Operational recipes
A total of 18 chapters and 570 pages so far.
I’m still missing an index, intro and a bunch of stuff, but these are now more technical in nature. No need for creative juices to pump to get them working.
Feedback is welcome, I would really appreciate it. You can read it here.
More posts in "Inside RavenDB 4.0" series:
- (22 May 2018) Book update
- (08 May 2018) The book is done
- (24 Apr 2018) Chapter 17 is done
- (16 Apr 2018) Chapter 16 is done
- (28 Mar 2018) Chapter 14 is done
- (21 Mar 2018) Chapters 12 & 13 are done
- (08 Mar 2018) Chapter 11 is done
- (22 Jan 2018) Chapter 10 is done
- (17 Jul 2017) Chapter 6 is done
- (07 Jun 2017) Chapter 3 is done