Inside RavenDB 4.0The book is done
The Inside RavenDB 4.0 book is done. That means that all of the content is there and it covers every aspect of RavenDB.
There is still quite a bit to be done (editing and re-reads, mostly), but the the hardest part (for me) is done. I got it all out of my head and into a format where others can look at this.
You can read the draft release here.
The book cover:
- Welcome to RavenDB
- Setting up RavenDB
- Document modeling
- Client API usage
- Batch processing with subscriptions
- Distributed RavenDB Clusters
- Scaling RavenDB
- Sharing data and ETL processes
- Indexing in RavenDB
- Map Reduce and aggregations
- Managing and understanding indexes
- Securing your RavenDB cluster
- Encrypting your data
- Production deployments
- Monitoring and troubleshooting
- Backup and restore
- Operational recipes
A total of 18 chapters and 570 pages so far.
I’m still missing an index, intro and a bunch of stuff, but these are now more technical in nature. No need for creative juices to pump to get them working.
Feedback is welcome, I would really appreciate it. You can read it here.
More posts in "Inside RavenDB 4.0" series:
- (22 May 2018) Book update
- (08 May 2018) The book is done
- (24 Apr 2018) Chapter 17 is done
- (16 Apr 2018) Chapter 16 is done
- (28 Mar 2018) Chapter 14 is done
- (21 Mar 2018) Chapters 12 & 13 are done
- (08 Mar 2018) Chapter 11 is done
- (22 Jan 2018) Chapter 10 is done
- (17 Jul 2017) Chapter 6 is done
- (07 Jun 2017) Chapter 3 is done