I did this a year and a half ago, so it probably about time to do it again. I am using the same approach I outlined in this post.
- Active since: April 2004 ( I am doing this for 4 years! Wow! )
- Number of Posts: 3,437 (was 2196)
- Number of Comments: 12,958 (was 3030)
- Avg. Comments Per Post: 6 (was 3)
- Avg. Posts per Month: 71 (was 60)
- Avg. Posts per Month Last Year: 51 (was 82)
- Avg. Posts per Week Last Year: 11 (was 19)
- Avg. Comments per Month Last Year: 550 (was 108)
Posts to comments, over time. I actually got to the point where I can't fit everything in a single graph, so I split them by year. Note that the scale for each graph is different!
It is especially interesting if you look at the amount of posts per month over the entire period:
And now compare this to the number of comments per month over the entire period:
I thought about putting the most popular posts here, like in last year, but I find the list depressing.