- At first, there was the Utility, it was written quickly, for doing just this one small thing, and no one cared much about it.
- Then came the Project, which took a few weeks, and saved some work for people to do.
- And on the third day the Application, which had users and did useful work. It was both more complex and more valuable.
- From the trenches, the Batch Process appeared, to make order in the chaos.
- Over the horizon the Framework came into place, and all was orderly and there was order in the DAL and the BAL.
- Beyond the framework, a Business Framework appeared, it was sharp and focused, and it knew what a customer is, and what to do with a purchase order.
- To rule them all, the System was brought fourth, and it tied to all the applications in the organization, and it had a nice dashboard.
- To the greedy, the Platform was sold, which controlled everything, and made fun of the other things, and was extensible (with XML, of course).
- To make the little things easy, a utility was created...
time to read 1 min | 186 words