Über Prof goes live
Über Prof is the codename for the multi-OR/M profiler that I have been working on for the last several weeks.
Today is a good milestone, because it marks the shift from treating it as an experimental to production ready.
Über Prof also brings with it several changes to the way I mange the profiler profiles. Each profile (NHProf, HProf, L2SProf and EFProf, currently) is built on top of the same codebase, but contains slightly different functionality to fits it target audience. I might talk about exactly how we are doing that in a later post.
That required making a small number of breaking changes:
- The executable filename was changed to NHProf.exe (or HProf.exe, or L2SProf.exe, etc)
- The appender filename was changed to HibernatingRhinos.Profiler.Appender.dll
- The appender type name was changed to HibernatingRhinos.Profiler.Appender.[profile].[profile]Profiler.Initialize();
In practice, those changes are annoying, but should be very easy to fix.
Something important to note, however, is that NHibernate profiling and Hibernate profiling has been split.
I hope to have L2sProf out in public beta this week. And EFProf is currently in private beta for this week and hopefully poke its nose out as public beta next week.
- There is going to be a bundle, yes. No details yet on what it will be, though. I am leaning more toward a discount model rather than a bundle, since it seems that it would be more appropriate.
- People who already bought NHProf license can use that for HProf as well with no issues.