reMVC Storefront Part 19
Those are my random impressions:
- You probably do want to test your work flow. In the same way you want to have an integration test for the system.
- The sequence work flow seems to be a very heavy weight approach to just orchestrating actions in the application.
- I wonder what the perf implications of creating a workflow here would be. My gut feeling is that this is not good, but I don't really have data for that.
- There is probably an issue here with the WF being run in async, I am not sure where it is getting its threads, but if it is from the thread pool, then it is consuming request handling threads, which can kill a site.
As an aside, here is the checkout workflow:
And here is how I would write this:
ValidateOrder() AuthorizePayment() order.Status = OrderStatus.Verified SaveOrder()
Much easier, I think :-) And even more flexible.
More posts in "re" series:
- (09 Jan 2018) Early bird pricing for RavenDB workshops about to close
- (24 Dec 2013) End of year 32% discount coupon is still valid
- (24 Apr 2013) RavenDB Webinar Tomorrow
- (07 Oct 2011) RavenDB and NHibernate courses–New York coming up
- (24 Aug 2011) Advanced NHibernate Course–Warsaw, October 2011
- (26 Jul 2011) RavenDB & NHibernate Training - August 15 - 16, Chattanooga, TN
- (12 Jan 2011) NHibernate Course in Dallas, March 2011
- (11 Feb 2010) Linq to SQL Profiler goes 1.0 on the 14th