I spoke at Cloud Lunch & Learn about the basics of building a database from scratch. We took a storage engine and created a simple database within the span of an hour.
Covered in the talk are the details of how you can build the database, using indexes to speed up queries and the manner in which a database interact with its storage engine. I think it was a great talk, but let me know about your feedback:
More posts in "Recording" series:
- (25 Jul 2022) Build your own database at Cloud Lunch & Learn
- (15 Jul 2022) Non relational data modeling & Database engine internals
- (11 Apr 2022) Clean Architecture with RavenDB
- (14 Mar 2022) Database Security in a Hostile World
- (02 Mar 2022) RavenDB–a really boring database