Luke Breuer has the following to say about this blog.
Perhaps you do not care, but Subtext is getting on my nerves. I love reading your blog, love reading comments, and feel that I have learned a lot from you. Hopefully you have learned at least one useful thing from my comments. With that said:
- I cannot track comments unless I write something manual to do it. (To be fair, I have asked the commentful folks to add support for SubText, and gave them all the XPath/ID/Class information they need to do it.)
- Code looks horrible in comments.
- Post categories are not show for posts (only a list of all post categories is findable).
- Comment URLs are not auto-linkified.
- Your comments are the most beautiful ones I have seen. I like cleaner separation between posts. However, this is definitely personal opinion, hence its last position in this list.
- Why should I have to type in the four-letter code when I've made plenty of comments that weren't spam, all from the same IP that has never submitted spam? :grrrr:
I mostly agrees with his comments. Some of them are fixable with the skinning abilities of SubText, some may require changing the code base, etc.
I will say in advance that I have looked into SubText only long enough to know how to make it work for this site. I don't have the time or the inclination to go ahead and try to fix those issues.
Therefor, I would like to ask you, dear reader, for help. This blog is running SubText 220.127.116.11, no fancy customizations or anything like that. It is run in a single user mode.
The blog skin is avialable here: http://ayende.com/Files/AyendeBlogSkin.zip
Suggestions to upgrade to a newer version (assuming it supports these new features/fixes) or patches that support it are welcome.
Thanks in advance,