So the first thing that I saw when I opened the solution was this:
Yes, I know that this is a sample application, and still, this bit scares me. I have never really used the modeling support inside VS, so I took a look there, to see what is going on.
Take a look at one of those:
Do you see the problem here?
As usual with those sort of questions, it is an issue of what is not here. There is not a single mention of the actual application. To be frank, at this point, all I know is that it is a sample application, but I don’t know what the sample is about.
This is pretty scary, because I am pretty sure that if this is the case at that level, we are going to see much the same as we go deeper. I decided that it might behoove me to figure out what this application is about, so I checked the database project, and found:
Um… so it looks like it is about a bank, but also about books, and orders and software. I don’t really see how they connect right now, but we will see, I hope.
More posts in "Review" series:
- (06 Sep 2018) Summary
- (05 Sep 2018) When the data hits the disk
- (04 Sep 2018) Reading data from disk
- (03 Sep 2018) The hash structure
- (31 Aug 2018) Working with the file system
- (30 Aug 2018) Digging into the C++ impl
- (29 Aug 2018) Let’s check these numbers
- (28 Aug 2018) Let’s start with managed code
- (27 Aug 2018) Reading the paper