ReviewMicrosoft N Layer App Sample, Part V–Cross Cutting is a fine line
From the evidence, it seems that there has been some (lacking, insufficient and usually causing damage, but some) attention given to cross cutting concerns:
That is why I was shocked to read method after method that read like this:
I mean, did at no point someone stand up and said: “My Ctrl+C / Ctrl+V keys just fell off, we might need to think about a better way of doing this"?
I mean, cross cutting concerns didn’t raise the question of error handling?
I mean, seriously, you want to tell me that this type of code is an Official Guidance from Microsoft?
More posts in "Review" series:
- (06 Sep 2018) Summary
- (05 Sep 2018) When the data hits the disk
- (04 Sep 2018) Reading data from disk
- (03 Sep 2018) The hash structure
- (31 Aug 2018) Working with the file system
- (30 Aug 2018) Digging into the C++ impl
- (29 Aug 2018) Let’s check these numbers
- (28 Aug 2018) Let’s start with managed code
- (27 Aug 2018) Reading the paper