LightSwitch & Source Control
Something that I found many high level tools are really bad at is source control, so I thought that I would give LightSwitch a chance there.
I created a Git repository and shoved everything into it, then I decided that I would rename a property and see what is going on.
I changed the Animals.Species to Animals.AnimalType, which gives me:
This is precisely what I wanted to see.
Let us see what happen when I add a new table. And that created a new set in the ApplicationDefinition.lsml file.
Overall, this is much better than I feared.
I am still concerned about having everything in a single file (which is a receipt for having a lot of merge conflicts), but at least you can diff & work with it, assuming that you know how the file format works, and is seems like it is at least a semi reasonable one.
Nevertheless, as promised:
True story, I used to have a lot of ravens in my backyard, but they seem to have gone away single my dog killed one of them, about a week after RavenDB’s launch.