Development, Make a Game of It

time to read 2 min | 217 words

I recently built a table for the menus in NQA, and I started color coding it, bright green for menu items that are in the menu but has no functionality and dark green for menu items that have their functionality implemented. I found that very soon it became a game, put a functionality, and color the cell. I'm aware that this is not a new thing, and that XP practices the same, but it's nice to see this working.

As a side note, I made some serious progress in NQA, and now I'm left with polishing the document model, and that shouldn't take more than a day (but tomorrow I'm going to be doing a lot of travelling, so I probably wouldn't be able to dedicate the time to that.

I posted some questions about problem I gotten into with NQA to the usenet, I hope to get an answer, because I just can't make sense of what I'm doing wrong there.