ReviewMicrosoft N Layer App Sample, part VII–Data Access Layer is GOOD for you
Reading up on the data access implementation is always fun, mostly because of all the contortions that people go through. In this case, you can see the attempt to abstract away data access:
Of course, we expose Entity Framework types in our abstraction, but that is good, we will just have to implement EF on top of NHibernate if we ever want to switch, it is not like we are exposing a concrete class, it is an interface, we can replace it.
Let us also look at how this is used, shall we?
You know what, I am not even going to critique this, I am actually getting tired by reading this code, I have developed a bit of a tick, and it is getting hard to see wh…
More posts in "Review" series:
- (06 Sep 2018) Summary
- (05 Sep 2018) When the data hits the disk
- (04 Sep 2018) Reading data from disk
- (03 Sep 2018) The hash structure
- (31 Aug 2018) Working with the file system
- (30 Aug 2018) Digging into the C++ impl
- (29 Aug 2018) Let’s check these numbers
- (28 Aug 2018) Let’s start with managed code
- (27 Aug 2018) Reading the paper