If you haven't guess it by now, I am not fond of SSIS. The latest installment is probably a "feature". Assume the following, I develop an SSIS package on my local machine, testing it against a local database.
Now, I want to run the package against a remote database. I did the Right Thing and put the connection string in a data source, so I change that and run the package from Visual Studio. Imagine my surprise when Visual Studio does a full cycle, including reporting the number of rows that it copied. Everything seems to be fine, until I checked the database itself.
About half the tables where empty, and I am still not sure why. The best guess that I can make is that it is caching the previous database credentials, and writing to that, since I found the data in the local database. Argh!!