- What is the purpose of Contorl.InvokeRequired property? What are the situations that you would use it?
- Why Form.WndPrc is a protected method? In what cases would you override it?
- What is the difference between inheriting from Control and inheriting UserControl? When would you do either?
- What does it mean to set Thread.IsBackground = true?
- Can you use Data Binding without Datasets? If yes, how? If not, why not?
General .Net Stuff:
- When would you subscribe to the Thread.UnexpectedException?
- When would you subscribe to AppDomain.CurrentDomain.UnhandledException? Can you prevent an application termination by subscribing to this event?
- What is the Thread Local Storage Pattern and when is it applicable?
- What would happen if an exception is thrown in the first method of a multi-cast delegate (a delegate that contains several methods)? What would be the return value of such a delegate if an exception is not thrown?
- Name three places where the BCL uses the Strategy pattern.
- How do I call my old VB code that contains all the business rules?
- When should you use ClsComplaintAttribute? What are the differences between the CLS and the CLR?
- What is the preferred way to concentrate strings? Why?
- What is the difference between Array and ArrayList?
- When would you override Object.Equals() and what else do you need to do when you do that?
- What is an AppDomain?
General Programming Info:
- What is a regular expression and when is it used?
- What is XPath and when is it used?
- What is working set and why is it important to application performance?
- Is it important to preserve locality of reference? Why or why not?
- What is paging? What are the implications that it has on scalability?