I just got an email from NBC Universal about the RavenDB usage. We’ve previously talked with them about their RavenDB usage, and I was very pleased to hear that they have completed their upgrade to RavenDB 2.x.
I was even happier to hear the results of the upgrade:
- Index times decreased (75% improvement)
- Replication + Indexing times decreased (40% improvement)
- Development server raven restore times decreased (75% improvement)
- Memory leak/crash frequency decreased (1) (60% improvement – stronger devices are experiencing no crashes)
- Support from Hibernating Rhinos will now improve as they are more capable of supporting the new version
I like getting such news from customers.
- The scenario they are talking about is overloading the system. It exhibits itself as a high memory utilization. On small devices, that can lead to crashes due to out of memory errors.