RavenDBIt was the weekend before the wedding…
…when all through the house. Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse. Because everyone was away on a Stag/Hen weekend.
Phil Jones has just notified me that a site he has been working on for a while went live. Escape Trips is a site that provides Stag and Hen trips in the UK. A Stag/Hen weekend is apparently a bigger version of a stag party, I assume that this is the origin for movies like this (well, not really).
At any rate, this site is actually powered by RavenDB throughout. We actually have several videos in the pipeline of me and Phil hashing out some details about the site when it was built.
The site is fast, and Phil was kind enough to give me some interesting stats.
Some interesting performance stats compared to SQL Express which was running on the VPS. SQL Express was eating ~500MB of RAM (limited), RavenDB has been sat at ~80MB since launch last night! I think EF was eating CPU as well, CPU usage is way down as well.
Performance comment wise, I don’t know if EF was to blame but IIS process CPU usage is down even though traffic has doubled since the launch (mainly crawlers and a new adwords campaign). After running since the launch on Thursday night, the RAM usage has increased to 100MB, still a really great number though as I plan to scale down the VPS’s RAM saving money, RavenDB will actually be paying for itself!
The website looks quite simple from the public side but most of the development has gone into the private administrative website for dealing with sales, customer support and content editing. Performance wise, the system is more responsive and users are very pleased!
More posts in "RavenDB" series:
- (25 May 2016) Got anything to declare, ya smuggler?
- (23 May 2016) I'm no longer conflicted about this
- (19 May 2016) What did you subscribe to again?
- (17 May 2016) See here, I got a contract, I say!
- (13 May 2016) Deeper insights to indexing
- (11 May 2016) Digging deep into the internals
- (09 May 2016) I'll have the 3+1 goodies to go, please
- (04 May 2016) I’ll find who is taking my I/O bandwidth and they SHALL pay
- (02 May 2016) You want all the data, you can’t handle all the data
- (29 Apr 2016) A large cluster goes into a bar and order N^2 drinks
- (27 Apr 2016) I’m the admin, and I got the POWER
- (25 Apr 2016) Can you spare me a server?
- (21 Apr 2016) Configuring once is best done after testing twice
- (19 Apr 2016) Is this a cluster in your pocket AND you are happy to see me?