SQL Frustrations

time to read 1 min | 105 words

I knew that it was bound to happen.

I started running into highly mysterious errors in SQL Server. The strangest among them is the Missing Columns Mystery.

When I run a stored procedure that calls to other SPs, and so on, I get an error about invalid columns somewhere deep in the stack. But when I run the SP directly, it passes perfectly.

Of course that when I check it, the table has the supposedly missing columns. It drives me crazy, and I can't really get the error consistently, if I run it for a couple of time, it seems to fix itself, but I've no idea how.