I got a request to update Rhino Mocks documentation, which currently is at 2.5.5 while the current release is 2.8.3. I checked my blog and compiled the list of changes you can see below.
There are some significant improvements since 2.5.5, the problem is that they also require significant documentation updates.
- Support for Multi Mocks
- Can now call CallOriginalMethod() from LastCall as well as Expect.
- Some better debug information for those of us who debug Rhino Mocks.
- Better support for mocking COM interfaces
- Fixed a bug with virtual method calls from constructors
- Is.Same() constraint
- Property.ValueConstraint() constraint, which allows to setup constraints on properties’ values.
- Support for raising events
- Fixed a bug where overriding Equals() will cause a StackOverFlow
- Improved support for remoting mocks
- ixed a bug with regard to interfaces with the same name on different namespaces.
- Major performance improvement
- Rhino Mocks is now CLS Complaint
Version 2. 6:
- Mocking an internal class from a strongly typed assembly
- Added serialization constructors to Rhino Mocks’ exception, so they will work with Remoting
- Support for methods with arrays of value types.
- Support for methods that starts with “get_” or “set_” that are not properties.
- BackToReccord() now also works with repeatable expectations (SetupResult) and with Dynamic or Partial mocks
- Added Is.TypeOf<>()
Sigh, I will try to get around to it in the next couple of days…