- constantly use grep (and deriatives, like AstroGrep, which is cool);
- get a diff program that support drag & drop from the shell as well as quickly changing only one of the files. (Found WinMerge, which looks cool);
- pronounce variable names out loud in order to understand their meaning*;
- watch ingenious workarounds to all sorts of limitations in the number of concurrent nested corsurs in the database;
- cut code by 70% by deciding that I don't need to verify stuff over & over again.
* (Hebrew words in English characters)