After about a week of running (and no further issues ) on the Esent database, we have now converted the backend database behind this blog to Voron.
The process was done by:
- Putting App_Offline.html file for ayende.com
- Exporting the data from blog.ayende.com database using the smuggler.
- Deleting the database configuration from RavenDB, but retaining the actual database on disk.
- Creating a new RavenDB database with Voron as the new blog.ayende.com database.
- Importing the data from the previous export using smuggler.
- Deleting the App_Offline.html file.
Everything seems to be operating normally, at least for now.
To my knowledge, this is the first production deployment of Voron .