Here are a few interesting things that I found about .Net 3.5 Service Pack 1:
- Serialization hangs or throws an OutOfMemoryException with static delegate and ISerializable on 3.5 SP1
- ExecutionEngineException with ParameterInfo.GetOptionalCustomModifiers and GetRequiredCustomModifiers on 3.5 SP1
- .NET 3.5 SP1 breaks use of WPF under IIS
- .NET 3.5 SP1 seems to break .NET 2.0 applications with assembly loading error.
- .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 breaks type verification
I just googled for "3.5 SP1" on connect.microsoft.com, and took only the verified (by Microsoft) items for the SP1 RTM. There are more, but I didn't feel like spending a lot of time digging there.
I don't remember previous service packs having regression bugs. Certainly not regression bugs as big as these. Number 2 is the one responsible for breaking Rhino Mocks, by the way.
Those are all regressions. That is, it used to work in previous version, now it doesn't.
Not happy at all.
Here is a challenge to Microsoft, Fix This. And fix this in a way that ensure that everyone get the fix. If this means SP1 Refresh, great. But fix this in a way that means that I don't have to answer "you need to call PSS and get KB32423 before you can run" for the next two years.
And fix this from Connect, if you ever want Connect to be useful for something.