What is next for RavenDB?
It also thought me a very good lesson about cutoffs. I don’t like them. In particular, someone who wanted to run on the stable version was stuck with 6 months with no features, and only hot fixes as needed.
Instead, I would like to go to a more streamlined model of a stable release every 6 – 8 weeks. That gives us a proper time frame for doing changes, but doesn’t leave people “in the cold” in regards to stale versions.
So that is what we are planning in terms of process. But what about the actual features? Surprisingly enough, we have enough more lined up for you.
- Robust SQL Replication (already implemented, and waiting for additional testing & goodies). To better support reporting.
- Indexing snapshots and unlimited result set server side processing.
- Multiple index batches and independent indexing. Prevent a slow index from slowing down all indexing.
- Restructuring of temporary / auto indexes.
- Auto index merging. (Even smarter behavior with regards to optimizing indexes, removing unused indexes, etc)
- Write index output to documents. Allow to do things like multi stage reduces.
- WinRT & Mono Touch & Mono for Android client support.
- More comprehensive client side caching.
And those are just the things we have as high level items .