Well, to be frank, some of those features aren’t actually new, but I only now got around to properly document them. I am rapidly coming to the realization that if it isn’t document, it doesn’t exists. (Especially true when you consider people browsing the documentation to see what you can do, as part of initial evaluation.)
- Replication Bundle – master slave, master multi slaves, and multi master are supported.
- Versioning Bundle – seamless audit trails for document changes.
- Optimizing referenced documents load – the includes feature.
- Spatial queries – for geo location searches.
- Authorization Bundle – per document authorization.
- Index Replication Bundle – replicate an index to an RDBMS.
- Hierarchical Indexing – indexing hierarchical data structures.
- Document metadata – manipulating the document metadata at the client side.
- Patching documents – avoid having to send the entire document on the wire, send just the changes.
- Custom serialization – control how the client API serializes your documents.
The really fun part is that by the time that this post will go live, I hope to have another list, just as large, of cool features which were implemented (and documented).