I was forwarded this link http://microsoftnlayerapp.codeplex.com/ with a request to review it. I thought about skipping it until I saw:
The main problem here?
If it is a simple business scenario, it doesn’t need DDD.
Now, just to be clear on this sample app. It is not someone working on their free time, this is something that is Official Guidance (shows up at: http://msdn.microsoft.com/es-es/architecture/en) and people are expected to read and follow this.
I haven’t reviewed the code yet, but I am scared just by looking at the architecture diagram.
More posts in "Review" series:
- (06 Sep 2018) Summary
- (05 Sep 2018) When the data hits the disk
- (04 Sep 2018) Reading data from disk
- (03 Sep 2018) The hash structure
- (31 Aug 2018) Working with the file system
- (30 Aug 2018) Digging into the C++ impl
- (29 Aug 2018) Let’s check these numbers
- (28 Aug 2018) Let’s start with managed code
- (27 Aug 2018) Reading the paper