In this talk from the RavenDB conference, Rodrigo Rosauro is talking about deploying RavenDB at massive scale, to over 36,000 locations and a total number of machine that exceed half a million.
One particular (and often forgotten) use-case for RavenDB is its usage as an embedded database. This operation mode allows application providers to abstract the complexity of database administration from their end-users while, at the same time, providing you a fully functional document store.
During this talk we will explore the challenges faced while deploying RavenDB in a massive number of machines throughout the globe (aiming at hundreds of thousands), and how RavenDB improved the capabilities of our application.
More posts in "RavenDB Conference videos" series:
- (03 Mar 2017) Replication changes in 3.5
- (01 Mar 2017) Delving into Documents with Data Subscriptions
- (27 Feb 2017) Building Codealike
- (23 Feb 2017) Implementing CQRS and Event Sourcing with RavenDB
- (21 Feb 2017) Zapping ever faster
- (17 Feb 2017) Should I use a document database?
- (15 Feb 2017) Know Thy Costs
- (13 Feb 2017) Lessons from the Trenches
- (09 Feb 2017) RavenDB Embedded at Massive Scales
- (07 Feb 2017) RavenDB for the Modern Web Developer
- (03 Feb 2017) Introducing RavenDB 4.0
- (01 Feb 2017) Introducing RavenDB 3.5