STEP #1. Install Prerequisites
The following instructions have been validated for Windows XP (2/1/08):
- Install Visual Studio 2005
- Download and install MBUnit. This will let you run unit tests
- Download and install TortoiseSVN. This will let you access to Rhino-Tools source stored on SourceForge
- Open Windows Explorer to create a new directory (e.g. Rhino) on your local drive
- Right-mouse click on the new directory and select SVN Checkout...
- Enter the url for Rhino-Tools: https://rhino-tools.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/rhino-tools/trunk
- Click OK and the source will download to Rhino directory on your machine
- Create a DOS prompt shortcut for your new Rhino directory. Make sure new DOS prompt has PATH access to:
- msbuild (e.g., typically found in C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727/msbuild.exe)
- mbunit (e.g., typically installed in c:\Progam Files\MBUnit\)
- Look for an Artifacts directory under your Rhino directory. Create the Artifacts directory if it doesn't already exist.
STEP #2. Build Rhino Mocks
Read How to build.txt
, which you'll find in your Rhino
directory. This will direct you to msbuild buildall.build
. Ignore the "Build FAILED" message if there are 0 warnings/errors.
At this point, you should be able to build, unit test and debug Rhino Mocks by launching Visual Studio with the following project
Rhino.Mocks\Rhino.Mocks 2.0.csprojHappy Rhino Mocks!