So here is my near term schedule:
- A 2 days NHibernate course in London on Feb 25 – those are intense 2 days where I am going to jump you from novice to master in NHibernate, including understanding what is going on and much more importantly, why?!
- A 3 days RavenDB course in London on Feb 27 – in this course we are going to go over RavenDB 2.x from top to bottom, from how it works, to all the little tricks and hidden details that you wished you knew. We are going to cover architecture, design, implementation and a lot of goodies. Also, there is going to be a lot of fun, and I promise that you go back to work with a lot less load on your shoulders.
- A 2 days condensed RavenDB course in Stockholm on Mar 4 – Like the previous one, but with a sharper focus, and the guarantee that you will go Wow and Oh! on a regular basis.
I can’t sleep, due to a literal doggie pile on my bed. Hence, I lay awake and ponder things like pricing strategies and other interesting topics.
In fact, as you can see, I put both dogs to sleep when taking about this.
The big one is a female German Shepherd, named Arava, and the smaller one is a charming fellow named Oscar.
And this is relevant to the discussion on a technical blog exactly how?
Well, as I said, Arava is a German Shepherd, and I have an upcoming RavenDB Course in Munich next month. If you go and register to the course, you can use Arava as the coupon code to get a 25% discount.
And before I forget Oscar (and hence get the biggest puppy eyes stare in the world), if you go and register to the Chicago RavenDB Bootcamp in late August, and use Oscar as the coupon code, you’ll get a 20% discount (what can I do, he is smaller).
The offer will remain open until I wake up, you have some time, I still need to find some way to get them off the bed : –).
We are planning of doing a lot of training on RavenDB, and I wanted to make sure that everyone is aware of it.
Next week , we have a public event in London. Where Itamar will explain all about indexing:
Then there is the full 2 days workshop about RavenDB, here is the current schedule for the next few months.
- RavenDB Training with Itamar Syn-Hershko - Feb 28 - 29, London, UK
- RavenDB Workshop - Ayende Rahien - 21 - 23 May, Stockholm, Sweden
- The RavenDB Workshop Part I & II - Itamar Syn-Hershko - June 4th & 5th, Oslo, Norway
There is also going to be a course in the states around August, probably New York again and maybe around July in Berlin.
Itamar will be giving our 2 days RavenDB course in London on the 28 – 29 February. You can find more details in the course info page.
Author of open-source projects like HebMorph and NAppUpdate, and an active participant of others (CLucene for example), Itamar strongly believes in the power of open-source projects and the innovation they can bring to the table.
Itamar's current focus is on modern Information Retrieval - mostly search engines and databases, and he blogs about those and others in his blog http://code972.com
There is also some time there for on site consulting, so if you want to get one of the core RavenDB developers at your company to advice you on how to best use RavenDB, please ping us.
This is a reminder that the RavenDB and NHibernate courses are coming to New York at the end of this month:
There are 2 places left for the RavenDB course and 1 for the NHibernate course, so if you want to register, hurry up or miss out.
This is a reminder, my Advanced NHibernate Course will take place in Warsaw on the 17 – 19 Oct. There are still three places left, so if you want to register, you have better do so quickly.
You can register via: http://www.eventbee.com/event?eid=887726315
The Advanced NHibernate Warsaw Course drew a lot of interest when I announced it, but a lot of people seemed to be thrown off by the price.
Therefore, I decided to do several additional things to make it easier for you to decide to go to the course:
- I extended the early bird period until the 15th Sep (which represents a 20% discount).
- All attendees to the course will receive a free license to NH Prof.
- All companies sending attendees will receive a 20% discount for future purchases of NH Prof.
- I intent to extend the course with a “support hour”, so we can not only go over the actual course material, but go over your actual problems and resolve them during the course.
- If necessary, I’ll do follow up on those issues after the course as well.
I hope that with those changes, it will make it easier for your to go to the course or to convince your company to go.
I think that the NHibernate and RavenDB workshops in DevLink has been awesome, and I have been asked to do more of those.
One thing that I learned in particular from the RavenDB workshop is that just one day is just not enough, and we expanded the single day workshop into a two days course. I’ll be giving this course in November, 3 – 4 2011, in New York.
And, of course, my old companion, the Advanced NHibernate Course, for the people who wants to grok NHibernate and really understand what is going on under the cover, and maybe even more important, why? That course will run on October 31 – November 2, 2011, also in New York.
And if you are from the other side of the pond, I’ll be giving my Advanced NHibernate Course in Warsaw, Poland on October 17 – 19, 2011.
Register now for early bird pricing:
Just a note, I’ll be giving my Advanced NHibernate course in Warsaw, Poland between the 17 October to the 19 October, 2011.
You can register using the this link.
I was very pleasantly surprised by the overwhelmingly positive response to my the idea of running the NHibernate course in Poland. Which is why it gives me great pleasure to announce that I’ll be giving my Advanced NHibernate Course in Warsaw, between the 17 October to the 19 October, 2011.
You can register using the this link. And in the meantime,